Importance of Indigenous (Desi) Cow
We all recognize that our Asian country has 70% space in rural. 60% of the nation’s population directly or indirectly depends on agriculture.So,Agriculture is the backbone of ancient India’s economy.Only primary sector (Agriculture) is economical and add pride.Secondary (Industries/Manufacturing) & tertiary (Services) will perform well.It's not unaccustomed to hear the plight of Indian farmers.Between 2012-2014, quite 3000 farmers have committed suicide.Will it pay a justice to the Asian country as a nation whose 70% part is rural.However this article is regarding cow. Isn't it ?
Ancient India - Cow in Ancient India
Tracing the history of this brilliant creature,We tend to turned to ancient Republic of India until gift times.Indian indigenous cow was worshiped in India since ancient times, thanks to several scientific reasons. Agriculture was the most important economic force of Republic of India and virtually each major Indian competition was associated with a agriculture activity.
Indian Cow has been a logo of wealth for individuals of Republic of India.Cows dung has been used as supply of fuel and a manure for Indian farmers.It had been all organic and created high yielding crops.Cow was the sole base of property agriculture with environmental friendly practices. In fact cow was regarded quite gold at that point.Krishna used to herd cows and had terribly high regard for them.Religious leader Dev Islamic Group conjointly spent plenty of his time to herd cows.
Indian Cow’s Milk = Mother’s Milk
On opposite hand,The milk of Indian cow is found to be most nutritious.It's suggested by doctors that infants ought to drink milk of his/her mother solely.Cow being a magnificent mammal offers milk for her calves however it shares her milk with the individuals for there welfare.These days we are able to create curd, cream, butter and around thirty more food things with milk. Due to cross breeding today, there are two types of milk that cows give now – A1 & A2. The primitive cows in asian country have gotten A2 supermolecule that has same quality and nutrition as mother’s milk.Thus the standing of mother or Gau Mata was given to her.
Cow was thought-about a part of one’s family. Ralph foulmart,merchant of European country and one amongst the earliest English travelers to Asian country wrote a letter place 1580 stating, "They have a really strange order among them – they worship a cow and esteem abundant of the cow’s dung to color the walls of their homes... They eat no flesh, however live by roots and rice and milk."
When Mughals came to Republic of India, they had a bad habit of killing goats and sheep as sacrifice on Bakri-Eid. Cow was unaccustomed them as there have been no cows in Arab countries. Slowly, they began to sacrifice cow.However later all the mughal rulers prohibited killing of cows except Aurangzeb.He was thought-about to be the foremost cruel ruler among Mughals. The last Mughal ruler Bahadur Shah Zafar additionally prohibited the cow slaughter.
British destroyed Indian Economic Growth
When British came to our country and explored everywhere the landmass, they found that they can not rule the country directly. Indian economy was powerfully command by Indian cow ,Organic Agriculture and Indian education system was absolutely supported values,science,Gurukul system deeply unmoving within the culture. Governor of British Asian nation Baron Clive of Plassey created an intensive analysis on the agriculture here. He found that :
Cows were the premise of Asian nation's agriculture and agriculture in India can not be done with out the assistance of cow.
To break the Backbone of Indian agriculture cows had to be eliminated.
First Slaughter House & Beef
Slaughter House throughout British Rule
So the 1st slaughterhouse in India was started in 1760 in Culcutta city, that killed regarding 30,000 desi cows per day, So at least one crore cows were eliminated in an year’s time.It had been employed by British troopers as food or listed to European country. Beef became the common food for britishers in India.Once indian agriculture moon-faced a backslash, they introduced industrial farming filled with chemicals and fertilizers and created it another business of trade.
They destroyed the entire financial setup of india by this action.Additionally to completely stop growth of Indian indigenous cows, they imported jersey and cross bred with indian breed of cows.
Indian Cows vs Jersey
Today most of the dairies across India manufacture milk from Jersey cows. Jersey breeds can not be thought as desi cows, as these square measure originally a breed of a wild animal named Bos primigenius.Folks of Europe hunted this wild animal for good quality and amount of meat.Surprising truth is that even nowadays the milk of those animals aren't used directly for consumption in Europe as a result of the milk of those animals contain a toxic chemical referred to as CASOMORPHINE.At this point of time, saving Indian indegenious cow is that the matter of urgency for nation’s health as a result of no food is complete while not milk.
First Prime Minister of India Jawahar Lal Nehru feeding the Cow
Congress Election Symbol
After 1947, Indian National Congress used cow and her calf as there party election symbol during Indira Gandhi’s time to connect with Indian masses. But from 350 slaughter houses in India in 1947, it has increased to more than 36000 today. In 1947, population of India was 30 crores and cows were about 120 crores. As per 2014, there are 120 crore people and just 20 crore cows left in India. India is the highest exporter of beef in the world as per 2015. Ignorant experts of economics fail to understand the value of alive cow. A live cow can generate 100 times more money by her valuable products than dead. Just one cow can fertilize one acre of land. If a farmer just spend one-third of the total money he spend on fertilizers, he can keep the cow and also produce high yielding crops which has double the output value, both in terms of quality and quantity.
Beef – Nutrition or Taste
Comparing the nutrition values of beef to raw soya found that soya has more nutrition values than the beef – Be it proteins or carbohydrates.
Beef vs Soya
Taste – Indian Cruisine
Coming to taste and variety, on November 2, 2010, in an event of World’s Largest Food Festival in Ahmedabad, Gujarat – 5,600 dishes were prepared with all taste types by the Art of Living Foundation. On this land, where we can have so much variety of food in every state of India, why to go for beef, which actually has no nutrition or taste.
Save Indian Cow, Save Nation
If we, one as a nation wants to progress and be in the lead, we have to go together – urban or rural. 70 percent of our rural & our farmers need to get rid of agriculture problems. If we just focus on revival of our Indian cows, we can save our entire future generations. Use of Indian cows in Agriculture giving growth to organics, getting rid of chemicals and saving their money, happy farmers, better output value in market. & guess what, we all eat what is grown in our farms. So it helps us, our health, our economy. If nation altogether is empowered, we all can live happy, every single section of the society gets the benefit.
Desi Cow benifits
Desi Cow’s Agriculture Benefit.
Desi Cow – Indian Breeds of Cows are called as Gaumatha, Kamadhenu, Lakshmi etc., by the people living in the Great Bharath. We consider Desi Cow as our Mother and worship the same.
Why it is so important to us?
Desi Cow gives us the entire requirement of our farming activities in Agriculture. It helps us in transportation of our goods. It works in our agricultural lands. Thus the food we consume is because of the help of this mother cow. It gives us the medicine for our health. It saves the crop from pest, insect and fungi. Finally it becomes a part of our family.
For giving all the above; what we are giving. We are giving all the unwanted items for humans such as grass, stray etc, after taking the oil from cotton seeds, ground nuts, coconut and the remaining thing is given to the cow.
In case this is not required for cow, for human being it is a waste and in fact we have to spend money to dispose this. Thus an environment recycle is done with the help of cow.
The significant features of Indian Cows:
- Hump of the Shoulder
- Long Ears;
- In the neck the skin will be hanging.
- Suryaketu nerve on the back, It is believed that Suryaketu nerve absorbs medicinal essences from atmosphere and makes milk, urine and cow dung more nourishing.
- The ability to shake only a particular part of the body, for example it can shake only the skin the stomach area without shaking the other part of the body.
- It can withstand the climatic conditions of this country, either hot, rain or cold.
- It delivers around 15 to 20 calf’s in his life span.
- It can walk for more kilometers and work hard accepting the climatic conditions of this part of the world.
- A cow in its lifespan feeds thousands of people, and one cow is sufficient to do farming in 10 acres of land
Benefits of Desi Cow Milk and Ghee
- As per Ayurvedic tradition, Cow Ghee helps in the growth and development of Children’s brain
- Regular consumption increases good (HDL) cholesterol (and not bad LDL cholesterol)
- Stimulates digestion and aids absorption of fat soluble vitamins
- An excellent all round anti-ageing vegetarian food & external applicant on the skin
- Desi Cow milk is like nectar, because it has amino acids which make its protein easily digestible
- It is good for kidney
- It is a rich source of Vitamins like B2, B3 and A which help increasing immunity
- Cow Milk helps in reducing acidity, (a common problem today)
- Reduces chances of peptic ulcer
- Helps in reducing chances of colon, breast and skin cancer
- Desi Cow milk prevents the formation of serum cholesterol
- It is one of the best natural anti-oxidants
- After mother’s milk, it is only the cow’s milk which gives energy and full protection and is Digestible
Contents of Cows Milk
100gms of Cows Milk contains:
- Phosphorous 0.93 gms -> Energy release for metabolic activity and physical activity
- Calcium 1.20gm -> Healthy bones and Teeth
- Iron 0.002 gm ->
- Magnesium -> for muscle function and elements Vanadium, chromium, tin, aluminum, abhrak and sisa.
- It has 25 types of minerals and Vitamins as:
- Vitamin B12 – for production of healthy cells
- Vitamin A – for good eyesight and immune function
- Zinc – for immune function
- Riboflavin – for healthy skin
- Folate – for production of healthy cells
- Vitamin C – for formation of healthy connective tissues
- Iodine – for regulation of the body’s rate of metabolism
- Charaka Samhita, the ancient text on Indian Medicine, strongly recommends the use of Desi Cow products for the treatment of various ailments.